Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Summer is Saved


A green waterproof cast. Can't be beat. Plus, he's only wearing it for 4 weeks instead of 6. . . Let the swimming begin.

Is it just me, or is that some kind of demon face on this peach cobbler??? The recipe came from a local church cookbook, it's called *Prized Peach Cobbler*. The only change I made was to add some almond extract to it -- I always add it to cherry, peach, or any stone fruit dessert I make. I think I heard somewhere that almond extract comes from apricot pits. . . I think all those plants are in the same family.

When I went to Nashville last month for a wedding, we stopped at the Lodge Cast Iron Outlet in South Pittsburg, TN. I finally bought a cast iron dutch oven and I love it. My mom has one and she uses it for fried chicken, and lots of other things.

I went to the local farmer's market today and bought some lady peas, which I'm cooking in the cast iron dutch oven. I already showed you the cobbler, made from peaches from 90 miles away. Dinner tonight will be ham, the lady peas, corn on the cob, sliced tomatoes, corn bread (cooked in cast iron skillet), and peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream. I had two green beans ready to pick today, so I threw those in with the lady peas, ugh. I hope I have enough green beans to harvest a mess at least once. Frustrating to have so little.

I've been trying to give the Mac a fair chance, but today I officially decided it sux and I'm allowing dh to go and buy windows software to use. Every single application I want to use for geocaching and letterboxing requires windows. We spent the entire day trying to figure out how to load letterbox clues onto my iPod so I don't have to print them out on paper and we can't get it to work. Bleah. Wasted the whole day on it.

The software that you need to load geocaches on your iPod is windows based. I hate computers. . .

We are renting a cabin in North Georgia over the July 4 weekend. One of my friends and her daughter are coming to join us. I'm trying to plan some outings (Helen, GA, Foxfire Museum, etc) for our trip. Dh is taking the girls horseback riding through a river and we hope to do some tubing. I've been spending a lot of time checking this stuff out, which is fun.   I've been re-reading the Bill Bryson book about the Appalachian Trail, too.

Finished a pair of socks today, so I'll have an FO to post soon, yay!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger marit said...

Yesss-waterproof cast- so glad he could get it:-) Have a great summer!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Micki said...

There are some yummy family style restaurants up there. The one by the foxfire museum is my favorite, but I can't think of it's name. Hope you have lots of fun!!!

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines