Thursday, April 24, 2008

Mac Attack

I know my posting is getting sparse, but it's that time of year.

Dh got us a new Mac this weekend. He bought a huge book called *Switching to the Mac* and throws it on the bed and tells me to get on it. ha!

I just downloaded about 500 photos onto said computer, thinking I would use the iPhoto software, instead of my Canon software. Now, when I try to add a picture to this post, the iPhoto shows as grey on the menu so I can't select it. Hmmm.

It is a bit of a problem when you realize that you can't cut and paste a URL, you can't logout other users in your family so you can use the thing, and all your bookmarks (15 years worth y'all) are gone. . . I can live with it, I think, this machine is so fast.

Today I planted my vegetable garden, so I was going to do a nice *late Earth Day* post, with a few garden photos. But really, there's not much to see yet anyhow.

I just now discovered that I don't know how to open another window to go to Amazon and link a gardening book that I'm enjoying right now, sigh. . . Thank goodness Blogger has the auto save feature or I would have lost this post. . .

I promise to get that book out and look up all of these problems. . . sigh. . .

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger marit said...

Good luck!
And enjoy spring! It is still too cold around here to do much gardening...

2:41 PM  
Blogger vickibarkley said...

Email or call if you get stuck. I'm always working with photos and movies, blogs, files, etc. on my mac. So, what Mac did you get? Lucky you. I'm getting a new one for film editing with my tax refund. I went pc for most of the '90's, and was dissatisfied all the time. Returning to a mac in 2001 was like dying and going to heaven. Once you get used to it, you'll love it. I also see from your next post that you've resolved that little photo issue.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Mary, I just got a Macbook. I paid $99 for the one-to-one sessions because I haven't had a Mac for 5 years and I really wanted to learn how to do all the cool stuff.

I was learning how to blog when I mentioned your blog and how much I liked to read it and keep up with you. My teacher showed me how to set up the RSS feed for your blog in my e-mail so I get automatic updates. Too cool! Maybe you can check that out. I don't know how far you are from an Apple Store. They have one at Memorial City now. It is great.

Anyway, I hope to keep up better.

Carla G.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines