Monday, May 05, 2008

Garden


Red Geraniums. I always plant these on the porch of the pool house.

Green Beans. White Half Runners, the ones my grandmother swore by. They have major strings, so you have to work a little harder than the typical grocery store bean, but they are tender and delicious.

Strawberries. Only about half the plants survived the winter, so I bought some more at the farmer's market. Ds is excited about these, his favorite fruit.

Promise not to laugh too much:

Self portrait made in drawing class. Ds said *it looks like a grandma, not like you*. The eyes are too big, and one is higher than the other, but that is actually true in real life. It reminds me of the depression-era photo of the dust bowler mother and child sitting on the running board of the car. . .

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger vickibarkley said...

I'm jealous of your garden. I'm not in that place or time right now. The drawing does actually look like you. It's just that the lines you saw aren't actually that pronounced. And, no one's face is really symmetrical. I'm sitting in a room with 40 tortured teenagers as I write this. They are also learning to draw self portraits. I, of course, am cruel for making them do this, this THING!!!

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines