Saturday, April 26, 2008

Letterboxing Fun

I'm so happy, I figured out now to open a new window, use Command N. Also, I downloaded some kind of software that was available from flickr, which fixed the problem I was having downloading photos into blogger too. I have no idea how it happened, but it's working now.

I've been doing a lot of letterboxing this month. The weather has been perfect and there are lots of boxes in my town, although I've found almost all of them now, so I'm going to start working on the next town over.


There is a letterbox hidden under this ship, which is in a local miniature golf course. That was a fun outing for us.



These two carvings are in a park the next town over. I was looking for a letterbox hidden next to a stump with a similar carving, but I didn't find it. I'll have to go back to that one, it's near my dentist's office, so it was a handy stop to check it out.


A beaver at the nature center, he's lying on his tail. We found 5 boxes at the nature center, what a great day. . .

Azalea at the nature center, amazing color. . .

The heat, poison ivy, and bugs are all coming out, so I won't be letterboxing as much. It's time to garden. I went to the farmer's market today and got some plants. I still need to set out some herbs, flowers and strawberries. The only local produce that could be had this early was lettuce, green onions and radishes, so I made a wonderful potato salad from this recipe. I added the onions to it, and made a dressing from chives instead of tarragon, since that was on hand. I ate it over a bed of the lettuce for lunch, fantastic. Have a great weekend, y'all.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Paige said...

Just browsing through ravelry and found your page. I think I know where those indian carvings are...and the box by the carved stump. Is that a Cherokee Rose LB? My children enjoyed finding that one! Mark4 (sewsheknits)

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines