Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Finished Object at Last


This is the Bright Shells pattern from 200 Ripple Stitch Patterns by Jan Eaton. A lot of people on the Ravelry Forums complain about this book, but I haven't found any errors in it, and I find the color combinations in it very inspiring. The other complaint is that really it's only 100 ripple patterns, because they show the same pattern in two different color combos.

Closeup. (Oops, and it's upside down.) I used almost 20 balls of Lion Brand Vanna's Choice for this, and it measures 49 X 77". Here's the yarn color breakdown: 5 beige, 3 honey, 4 (could have squeaked by with 3) dusty rose, 4 (could have squeaked by with 3) dusty green, 2 olive, 2 antique rose. Size H crochet hook.

The colors are inspired by a rug in my family room. It doesn't really match it and it actually kind of competes with it, but oh well. . . It took me over a month to complete, but I admit I only worked on it during TV time.

In other news, we are soon adopting Carlita (scroll down to the female chihuahua). I wanted to wait until school was out, so the kids and I could bond with a new dog, but the local shelters are full of puppies from a puppy mill raid in North Georgia, so it's a good time to help one of these babies out. I think she'll come home next week. We are renaming her Chuy. (Dd wanted Coco Chanel, but I just can't do that. . .)


*Nobody asked me about a dog, hmph. . .*

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger marit said...

Love your afghan- it's a really nice pattern!

3:19 PM  
Blogger Micki said...

Beautiful! I wish I could get as much done as you! I really like how those colors look together.

5:49 PM  
Blogger vickibarkley said...

A Chihuahua!?! Actually, that might be a fun dog to have. She'll fit right in with Tig and Bat. Truth to tell, I'm a little jealous. I've been secretly wanting one of those. But my house is already too much of a zoo...

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines