Monday, December 17, 2007

Elf


I made the elf yesterday, pattern Here. My order for the pattern got lost and I started inquiring after a couple of weeks. The designer comped me with her other two holiday patterns, Easter and Valentine's designs. I think she's got a book coming out soon. I really like her designs.


The kids and I attempted to make paper houses, but everyone lost interest VERY quickly, storming off in a huff, etc. The house on the right is supposed to be a modern house, but I goofed it up because I didn't have a photo and couldn't remember how to put it together. Ds thought it was a pagoda. . .

I found a fantastic page on making Snowflakes. I made a couple more over the weekend, and just couldn't get them even when I blocked them -- plus the cats knocked the pins out during the night and messed it all up. I printed off her blocking template (Yay!) so this should help a lot. Today I'm going to buy a piece of foam core board, some glitter, and maybe metallic thread. Hobby Lobby here I come. . .

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Micki said...

I love the elf! You do lovely work! I wish I could knit/crochet as fast.

Crocheting snowflakes reminds me of my first Christmas being married to my husband (well I guess it was our second since our first Christmas was a week after we were married).

I had grand ambitions to crochet a set of twelve snowflakes for each family in his family. That would be four families (including his parents) but I am not that fast. So each family got 4 snowflakes since he said his mother would not want them.

They went over like a lead balloon. First they thought I had bought a set from Lilian Vernon and broke that up to give to everyone (I'm sure) and thought "Wow, they spend a whopping 4.00 for the entire family. Then Trent's sister-in-law says, "Oh, did you make these Micki?" to which I said, "yes." Well the looks on their faces told me it would have been better to have them thinking I bought them at Lilian Vernon.

His family is funny about things like that. They have no concept of handmade, it's all "homemade." Sigh. My daughter decided on her own to make everyone something. I hope they do a better job of hiding their displeasure. Have a great Christmas!

11:42 AM  
Blogger vickibarkley said...

Wow, you are busy. Cookies look yummy. Handmade - guess I'm lucky. Because I'm an "artist," people generally ooh and aah over handmade stuff I give.
I love the houses. Too bad they weren't what you wanted. Where did you get the idea? I might do something like that in my art history class.

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines