Friday, December 14, 2007

December Stuff


There's my birthday boy, opening presents. Mine was this week too and a friend took me to lunch. It was also my book club's holiday party and book exchange that night, so some sweet friends surprised me with a fancy cake (no pics, it's too destroyed at this point).

I'm falling in love with these snowflakes. They are so fast and easy (except when I am wearing contacts and then I can't see well enough to make them -- glasses required for me.) You can see the one on the left has been blocked and the one on the right hasn't. You use a solution of elmer's glue and water, 1/2 and 1/2 to stiffen them.

I made a ton of these last year and I gave them all away. I've been making these during basketball practices and games. The pattern is in Last Minute Knitted Gifts.

The sorry state of my snow village. The cats and kids keep messing with it. I'm planning to make some more structures for it. BH&G has some plans for Snowy Village Ornaments that I want to try. Man, that is such a pop-uppy site, it makes me insane. Beware.

I just received the shipment of bulbs and strawberry plants that I ordered in October, you know, back when I was in the mood for digging in the yard, etc. I got the daffodils planted on Wednesday (it was almost 80 degrees here). Now I've got to figure out where to put the strawberries -- I wanted to amend the soil first, and they should have been planted six weeks ago. It's supposed to be very cold and windy this weekend, so I might try to do something this afternoon. Blah, do they have to ship that stuff right in the middle of the holidays?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Happy Birthday to you and your son. The knitted stockings are so cute.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

Happy Birthday to you and your little guy! I love the snowflakes!!! Someday I hope to be able to crochet better (ok, more than a chain) so I can make them : )

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines