Monday, December 10, 2007

Baking


I made up some sugar cookie and gingerbread cookie dough for the kids to cut out, bake and decorate this weekend.

They had fun, but, being kids, raced through the project. I was that way when I was a kid too. Must have driven my mother crazy. . .

The spiderman cake came from the grocery store. (Spiderman spins around on a stick mounted on the box on top which winds up, you can't see him in the photo, it's crazy.) We had ds' birthday party at an inflatable/bouncy castle/birthday party place. No one got hurt badly, for which I was thankful.

I made these cupcakes to take to school tomorrow, on the actual birthday. I used this Cupcake Cookbook. I admit I almost never make any of the complicated recipes, but I use the basic recipes for cakes and frostings all the time. It has some very fun ideas for kids' party cupcakes.

I guess this week will be mostly holiday prep, cards, wrapping, and a party or two. I think the shopping is done, so I can mostly relax. Yay.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger vickibarkley said...

Hey, I'm commenting again!
Yay!
Beautiful cookies.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

your cookies look yummy, my kids do the same thing. They dump a bunch of sprinkles and sugar on the cookies, it amazes me that any get in the cookies!
That is one cool looking cake, and I bet the kids loved those cupcakes!

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines