Monday, December 03, 2007

Dobby's Socks


I actually finished something this weekend, shocking! These are Dobby's Socks, from
Charmed Knits. You might recall from one of the later Harry Potter books, where the house elf, Dobby, gives Harry a pair of socks for Christmas. One is green with a snitch on it, and the other red with a broomstick. I used Knitpicks Essential, which has a decent selection of colors, although the gold for the snitches is a mystery ball from my mom's stash. I think these will fit dd and if she doesn't like or wear them, then I will. I didn't follow the pattern, except for the number of stitches to cast on and the charts. Short row heels don't fit as well as traditional ones (at least on me), so I made a regular flap heel and a wedge toe.

We got the holiday dance over with (whew!) and the fun thing about was that two of dh's coworkers read the blog, so they were nice enough to mention that they had seen me working on my outfit over here. I was stepping on my hem a bit, because with my Spanx on, my butt and tummy became smaller and the dress therefore became a little bit longer, oops!

Decked the halls a little bit this weekend:

The tree is up and I've got my King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion out. Dd needs a European food for a school party on Friday and I'm itching to bake a few cookies.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Micki said...

I love the socks! What size needles did you use? Also, would love to see the outfit together on you. Any pics?

7:37 PM  
Blogger Mary B said...

Hi Micki, The socks are on size 1 needles, but I could easily have gone down to zeros with that yarn.

Sorry, no pics. The party has a photographer and we got too busy talking to go have a portrait done this year. Also, it was dark by the time I got dressed, so the light was too bad to take any at home.

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines