Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Sera Lace Top Progress


I'm running out of yarn, y'all. I hate that. I bought more than the recommended yardage (of a different yarn, admittedly) but this yarn is so springy, it doesn't drape, so you need more rows to make up the length.


I don't think the fit is too bad (remember I'll be wearing it over a forest green stretch velvet tank dress). I would rip it out if it wasn't so close to fitting.

I'm wondering if I could leave the body length short and try to make the sleeves long. Another option is to find a coordinating yarn, maybe mohair or metallic and make a fluffy hem and cuffs for the sleeves. Another idea I had is to put heavy beads on the hems to pull it all down and give it weight.

I'm going to stop by the yarn shop today and see what they have. (I bought all they had in this color a couple of weeks ago.) I doubt they'll be able to order and get more yarn in time, this party is the last week of November.

I don't have much to show for myself this week. We had houseguests over the weekend and dd got braces on yesterday, so I'm feeling buried under the mess and the laundry and the groceries, etc. Gotta go stock up on soup, oatmeal, smoothies, and Ibuprofen for my poor girl.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines