Thursday, December 20, 2007

Chilly Penguin


Here's the penguin from the free Lion Brand pattern. I didn't use their yarn, but used my stash of Caron Simply Soft instead. I scratched the eyes with my pliers a little bit -- need to figure out how NOT to do that again. . .

This morning the kids and I did some Letterboxing until we got rained out. There are a bunch of boxes very close to our house, in the parks nearby. I think we're going to like doing this -- I used Atlasquest to find the ones near my house. Since we are traveling to visit family, I found a few where they live too.

Part of letterboxing involves making your own rubber stamps to leave in the log books. I guess I'll be trying that pretty soon. (Yipee, an excuse to acquire more craft supplies!) I actually heard about letterboxing on the Lime-n-Violet podcast, of all places.

I'm planning a trip to the zoo tomorrow, and we'll be looking for a letterbox while we're there.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

Your penguin is too cute for words!!
I can remember putting tape on my pliers once so I wouldn't scratch some beads, maybe that would work!

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines