Thursday, October 18, 2007

Molly Weasley Ready


The original. . .

How does it look?


I even added a wand pocket (note to self, need to get a real wand instead of a dowel). I used the wrap dress pattern from Ottobre. I made it two sizes too big to accommodate the sweater, and the bodice is way too long for my short waisted self. However, I put some velcro on the inside waist and it has a tie on the outside, so it's very adjustable. I added a regular pocket for keys too.

I used a bias binder to attach the trim and it worked fabulously, you just have to take your time a little bit.

It'll be fun to have a new costume this year -- I've been wearing the same old witch outfit for a long time.

And, in other sewing (or mending) news:

I had to sew some channels into the waistbands of all the pants. No biggie, but I'm proud of myself for salvaging some hideous RTW (and saving some wasted $$ in the process).

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Debbie Cook said...

It looks perfect. But ... um ... who is Molly Weasley? I guess I'd better go Google 'er.

5:53 AM  
Blogger Debbie Cook said...

Ah. Now I know. And I know why I didn't know. I haven't read a word of any Harry Potter book. But I do now recall her from the first movie, that I only went to because DS begged. I'm sure HE would've known who Molly is.

5:55 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Mary, I would say that is great Molly Weasley look - good job.

12:03 PM  
Blogger marit said...

It's faboulous! And with a wand pocket too! Great!!!

2:25 PM  
Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

You are going to ROCK OUT on Halloween! That is one amazing costume girl! Great job!

8:14 PM  
Blogger El Mercadito de Cintita said...

Hello, my name is Cinthia and I am from Argentina. Your version of "Molly's sweater" is absolutely gorgeous!!! I would love to have the pattern. Could you please tell me where you got it from? Thanks a million. Cinthia.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

I want that sweater so bad! But, I cannot crochet or knit. :(

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines