Molly Weasley Ready
The original. . .
How does it look?
I even added a wand pocket (note to self, need to get a real wand instead of a dowel). I used the wrap dress pattern from Ottobre. I made it two sizes too big to accommodate the sweater, and the bodice is way too long for my short waisted self. However, I put some velcro on the inside waist and it has a tie on the outside, so it's very adjustable. I added a regular pocket for keys too.
I used a bias binder to attach the trim and it worked fabulously, you just have to take your time a little bit.
It'll be fun to have a new costume this year -- I've been wearing the same old witch outfit for a long time.
And, in other sewing (or mending) news:
I had to sew some channels into the waistbands of all the pants. No biggie, but I'm proud of myself for salvaging some hideous RTW (and saving some wasted $$ in the process).