Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Leaving the Pond


The babies are growing up. I took these to school on Friday for *Sharing Day* -- whatever happened to Show and Tell? -- and when we got home two of them had decided to climb out of the water. They sit on the dry plastic walls and their tails just disappear and then they're ready to jump away.

The frogs are about as big as my fingernail. I've been freeing them into the flowers and I'm sure some birds are having tasty snacks about now. ..

I've been cranking out dishcloths while I mull over the Molly Weasley sweater. I ended up buying this pattern. I liked how the sleeves lay so much better. I ordered some pink/lavender Cotton Classic for the body. Oh and BTW, Debbie, I am making this for Halloween, I should have said. Otherwise it would be a bold look for me to pull off. ;) I'm also thinking of making the housecoat, it would just take some calico fabric and seam binding, a very simple project.

I'm hosting a cub scout meeting this weekend, and I promised to make a den flag. I've had no luck finding embroidery designs, so I printed off a clip art cub scout logo to do a fabric transfer onto the flag. I figure then I can embroider the pack and den number on. I seem to remember that the transfers only work well on cotton - so I need to figure out whether to buy some cotton instead of flag nylon. Maybe I can applique on the piece with the transfer. . . So, that's the project for the week and I'm off to JoAnn's today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

awww, the frogs are cute!!
You are going to have one amazing Halloween pattern

8:35 PM  
Blogger Micki said...

Mary,

I too am helping make a den flag for my son's den. I didn't get any guidelines from my son's den leader. Did you get guidelines? I've only seen "official" versions and am wondering if that's what our flag should look like too. Any help would be great! I at thepalmerpeople at verizon dot net. Thanks so much!

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines