Wednesday, October 24, 2007


I know it's not very exciting, and I wasn't very excited about making them, but I'm so glad they're done. This is the double set over the bathtub.

One single curtain in the little toilet room, plus another (I won't bore you with a photo) in my closet. Unbelievably, I had about one inch of fabric left, basically the trimmings from leveling out the grain lines. It was amazing -- I feel like I got by by the skin of my teeth.

I used some wide grosgrain ribbon for the tabs. I was feeling like I just couldn't fiddle with making fabric ones, I had to find something already made up for tabs. They look fine. I still need to do a visibility test at night and get the kids to stand in the bathtub under the lights so I can see if the fabric's too sheer. I tried to get the least sheer fabric that still let some daylight pass through.

I'm running over to JoAnn's today for fabric. I thought I had some usable fabric for ds's Halloween costume, but don't have enough yardage in anything. I want to get it made before the weekend so he can play in it some.

Okay, I am feeling like the world's biggest fool here. I'm trying to make a sweater from Interweave Crochet and I can't figure out how to make a gauge swatch. This happened to me when making a sweater from Interweave Knits too. The problem is that you have to do a bunch of special setups to get to the point where you can actually crochet the pattern to test it out. I wish they would publish some simplified easy gauge swatch instructions, so you don't have to actually begin the freakin' garment in order to figure it out. Or maybe I am just so thickheaded, and no one else has this problem. I went ahead and cast on for the sweater and I can't get the neckline over my head, so that's a good guess that I need to go up a needle size. . . (Oh, and you can see why I'm sewing right now -- totally stumped by this crochet project and need to escape it.)



Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines