Thursday, May 03, 2007

Sewing Meme



Today I'm going to start a sewing meme in honor of two of my friends from the Sew4Kids email list starting new blogs. I'm sew (!) excited to see them blogging!

Okay, the here's the question: What sewing project has brought you to tears?

My answer: I was a beginning sewer, pregnant, hormonal, and making a denim nursing top from an Elizabeth Lee pattern. I was almost finished with it and it was coming out just fine. I went to cut the buttonholes and I sliced right through the end of the buttonhole with my seam ripper, cutting all the way through the front edge of the shirt and the facing. . . I just could not believe what I had done. I cried and wadded it up and threw it at the wall and stayed out of the sewing room for at least a week.

Now of course I know to put pins over the ends of you buttonholes before you cut them. However, I made the mistake again about a year ago, even using pins. Somehow the seam ripper went over or under the pin. I have a buttonhole cutter that belonged to my grandmother, but it's too dull to work, but that is the best option to avoid the problem.

I thought it might be fun to find out when you have cried in the sewing room. I'm tagging Belinda and Sue. Go check them out!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

my goodness girl you've been busy! your ripple is looking good, your dress is fantastic! you look amazing in it! the little wee fairy is tooo sweet for words : )

9:52 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Hmm, reduced to tears in the sewing room? I can't remember tears, but I do recall screaming once! I'll post the details on my blog http://thyme2sew.blogspot.com !

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines