Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The Long Slog


I'm getting there. Slowly. Very slowly. Actually, I've added 4 rows since that photo was taken. I think if I can work at least two rows per day, I might have it done in a week. I'm getting jealous of the ripplers who are making the scrappy ones, because it would be much more fun and interesting if you were pulling out a new color every time.


Even so, I can't keep the cats off of it and ds is very happy that I'm making something for him.

I've still got a Burda Plus dress on the back burner, and my Cute Book came yesterday, so dd wants me to make a few things for her. I think I'll get her to help me, they are just simple felt dolls, with a tiny bit of hand embroidery for the features. Who knows when that will get done?

I'm getting some plants in the ground this week. I'm trying to do it before we get some rain later in the week. I need to go to the garden center today for a few things. Problem is, I want to put up some twine strung on nails along the porch for my morning glories and moonvines. Dh has a big problem with my nailing on things, so he'll run out and buy some crappy trellises that fall over in the wind and make me use those. . . I'm already pouting. . .

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger vickibarkley said...

Oh, yes, I know about issues of vines and architecture. My beloved believes all plant material must be at least 2' from any structure, or said building will collapse within a year. This is only a slight exaggeration. I've given up ever having morning glories or moonvines. We've compromised with climbing roses on a trellis in front of the house.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Meg S. said...

I love that blanket! I've been too afraid to do fancy crochet but that is inspiring.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Mary, I just joined the Ripple Along and was wondering which pattern you are using. I like it very much!

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines