Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Hot Patterns Cha-Cha-Cha Dress



I finished one of the dresses today. Pattern review is HERE.

I love how it came out. It's a little loose through the armsceyes, like it doesn't sit up in my armpit like it should. I have no idea how to change that. But it's not a style I'm likely to make again, since I don't wear dresses much at all. Even so, it was really fun to make.

Here's a neckline closeup. I used some Bemberg lining to make the bias tape for the neckline, which helped reduce the bulk a little. The fabric was a nightmare, I had to change needles about three times before I figured out I needed a sharp instead of something for knits. The serger was going chunka,chunka, the whole time -- but no thread breaks -- I love that machine!

Now I must fight the urge to go spend big bucks at the Hot Patterns site, this dress was really fun.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Look how cute you are! I have been tempted by that pattern before, now seeing it made up I'm wanting it again. Great job!

9:43 PM  
Blogger MéLisa said...

Oh yeah you have a blog too! Love the dress, but you must tell where you got those shoes!!??

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines