Thursday, April 19, 2007

Dollar and a Half Cardigan


I finished it yesterday. Wow, I always underestimate how much time it takes for finishing a sweater. I almost feel sad that it's over, but I already cast on for a baby kimono from the leftovers. . .

This is the Dollar and a Half cardigan by Veronik Avery, from the Spring 2007 issue of Interweave Knits. I made a size 41", on US size 9 Denise needles. Yarn is Lion Brand CottonEase in Snow, 8 balls. It came out to be 45" around and I love how it fits. The only modification I made was to shorten the sleeves by 4".

What I would do next time: go down a couple of needle sizes for the reverse stockinette sections and the sleeve ribbing. Otherwise, I love how it came out.

I haven't made a sweater in a long time. I admit I have made very few successful sweaters, i.e., ones that are comfortable and flattering. Seems like there's always some little (or big) thing wrong. One of my only successful sweaters is a Wonderful Wallaby in royal blue CottonEase, so I knew this yarn would hold up to washing well and be comfortable in my mild climate.

I don't have any big knitting projects planned next. I have some socks to finish, and I have some lime green CottonEase to try to make the Vneck raglan again (the failure sweater I made in brown Knitpicks MainLine in the fall). I think mainly I'm going to work on my crochet projects for the next few weeks.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger marit said...

The sweater looks great on you!

9:04 AM  
Blogger vickibarkley said...

Nice sweater. Your concern about Michelin Man sleeves doesn't seem to have panned out. :)

Also, that tan bag in the earlier post is awesome. You could go into business with those.

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines