Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Granny Square Bag


I love how this came out. My first crochet project. I made a separate bag to line it with, Amy Butler fabric for the lining, Timtex to stiffen it, and the red fabric behind the squares.

Inside are a few pockets. I embroidered a little message to the teacher it's going to. I put a key fob in the seam too. (I also tacked it to the Timtex, so it wouldn't droop down inside the bag from the weight.)

I hand-stitched the bag lining into the outside shell. The yarn is Sugar and Cream cotton in Jute, 5 balls. I want to keep this one.

On vacation I discovered that my beach bag has a hole in the bottom of it. I made it a few years ago from fiberglass window screen that I embroidered. Don't use windowscreen on the bottom of the bag! Lesson learned. I got at least 3 years use out of it though, and now I get to make a new one. Still need to make one teacher's gift bag, and I am learning toward making one of those recycled jeans bags (yah, I know I've ranted about recycled jeans) out of one of dd's old pairs.



Here's the ripple progess. I thought I might start taking a photo of it on the bed every so often to show how it's growing. Looks like I'm 25-30% done, maybe? I think it looks okay with the other stuff in his bedroom. The light in this room is terrible, so it's hard to get a good photo.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger marit said...

Your GrannyBag looks fabulous!Lucky teacher:-)

3:12 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Great looking granny bag, love the style and shape.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That bag turned out great. I love the AB fabric used for the lining. g

1:08 PM  
Blogger alex said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines