Thursday, April 12, 2007

Dresses


Yesterday I went to Hancock's, not my usual one that went out of business, but the other one. I finally succumbed to temptation and bought one of the new easy Hot Patterns. I've managed to resist buying them for what? two years now, but seeing it in person was the push I needed. I found a pretty stretch poly fabric to use too. And it was cheap.

Here's the magazine photo of the Burda linen dress. It has an empire waist, but then nips in again at the natural waist. Hancock's didn't have any linen (except the fake poly/rayon crap -- no linen in it at all -- how can they do that and still call it linen?), but I'm thinking of using the green striped piece.


I've got a lot of work ahead of me with these guys. I need to get dh to start breaking up my beds, so I can these planted soon. I was so glad I hadn't set them out last week when we had a cold snap.

Turns out I didn't volunteer for this weekend's girl scout stuff, so I might have sewing time. I'll probably try to get the granny square bag knocked out before I start something new. I need to make a couple of baby gifts, can't decide what they'll be. I really like the tiny garter stitch baby kimono from Mason-Dixon Knitting, but I can't seem to put down my cardigan long enough to do anything else. I really need an FO or two right now.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Let me know how you like your Hot Patterns dress. There are 2-3 of the new ones I want to try. Good luck with the gardening.

12:48 PM  
Blogger marit said...

I like the Burda-pattern, I've actually looked at it myself, but since I don't have a sewingmachine at the moment, there is no sewing to be done...Anyway, I've been reading your blog for a few weeks now, and really enjoy it!
Marit in Norway

1:10 PM  
Blogger rubydarling said...

I love the Hot Patterns dress and can't wait to see what you do with it. I am sooo envious of you, in Australia we can't get Hot Patterns in the shops - just online where shipping costs are HUGE. I love you blog. I also just discovered it and will continue to be inspired. Rubydarling (Melbourne, Australia)

4:28 PM  
Blogger Jenni-Raie said...

i've never heard of the HOT PATTERNS line. i'm going to check it out. i hav ea LOT of fabric that needs to be used up.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines