Thursday, March 15, 2007

Blue Flowers


These are some periwinkles already blooming in my backyard.

Here's one on my new T shirt. I'm not sure if I'll keep it, I'm not really big on appliques on my garments. It looks a little too precious or something.

The top is from the latest Ottobre Woman.

I think I need to shape the side seams a little bit, but I'm going to wash it a couple of times to see if shrinks first. I made a similar Tshirt last year. Actually, I think they are identical.

I made a size 48 with no modifications. It has an eased bust dart which really helps with the fit. This one has a woven bias strip facing on the outside of the neckline, which is a nice detail.

I love the real models they use in Ottobre Woman. Everything about it works, the styles, the sizes, the ease of construction. I think I'll try something a little less safe for the next project, capris maybe?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Your t-shirt looks nice, I like the applique on the bottom corner. Good luck with your next projects, capris would be nice.

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines