Thursday, March 08, 2007

Expo Report

I learned to crochet today:

It was fun, but there were too many people in the room. Luckily I was next to a *real* crocheter (who was disappointed it was a beginning class). She coached me and the other girl at our table, who also had a little self-taught knowledge.

I can't wait to start making some of these.

I had about an hour after my class to look around and shop. Vogue fabrics is there (and I recognize some of the same fabrics from last year, ahem. . .). A few of the other vendors had fashion fabric (SewKeysE, Barb Callahan, Louise Cutting). This is what I bought today:

I want to try some needle felting and felted soap.

There was a lady from the weaving guild who was spinning some silk -- very fun to watch. And I found the ladies from the premie sewing charity, who were very happy to take a box of mostly PRR fabrics off my hands. I only caught a glimpse of one of the fashion shows, but I spent some time looking at the quilts on exhibit, very inspiring.

1 Comments:

Blogger vickibarkley said...

All that kneetin' you do, and you're just now learning to crochet? (Of course, I do neither.) I thought if you did one, you did the other. Oh well, just shows what I know.

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines