Thursday, October 19, 2006

Socktoberfest Again


I'm not going to bore you with another picture of the lime green socks -- I'll wait until they're FOs (getting close, I promise).

Here are this week's Socktoberfest questions.

Where have your handknit socks been?
I would like to be a smartie and say *in my drawer, of course.* I live in the south and only wear the wool socks when it is below 70 degrees. They have been camping, skiing (heavenly), shopping, basically everywhere with me in the winter. Cotton socks I wear in the spring, but once it gets hot, I wear sandals with no socks.

I once knit a pair of cotton footies for a friend who had breast cancer. She was a sewer I met on an email list and the group put together some gifts for her and her children. She emailed me that the socks were comfortable and kept her feet warm during her treatments at the hospital. She died over a year ago. I often think about her and her family.

What is the furtherst they have traveled?[sic]
I took them with me to Brussels and Paris (the top of the Eiffel Tower). It was February, and we walked and walked and walked. One pair was starting to felt a bit when I left, so I quit wearing those (it was getting a bit tight). I really hate throwing them out, even when I should. . .


3 Comments:

Blogger Debbie Cook said...

Were the footies for Paula? What a nice thing to do. I think of her too.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

I am enjoying reading about your socks. I think the footies were probably for Paula, how nice. I think about her, too. Great Halloween picture, black cat and pumpkin, can't get anymore than that.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Mary B said...

Yes, ladies, the footies were for Paula. I really miss her and I worry about her kids.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines