Thursday, October 12, 2006

Oy, What a Mess


This is the second time I've started Kiri this week, and oh it is so messed up. I blame it on the fact that ds is home from school sick this week. He is not so sick that he lays on the couch and sleeps, but does feel bad enough to want to climb into my lap when the fever chills make him cold.

So, I decided to put it away and start a new sock. I'll post a sock pic tomorrow, Blogger isn't cooperating right now. It's funny, if I post early in the morning I have fewer problems with uploading photos, but it's too dark to get natural light to photograph a project -- frustrating.

Take a look at this towel that I used to block the brown sweater. (You can click for a closeup.)

See all those yellowish spots? The yarn, Knit Picks Main Line, is crocking just a tad. I didn't notice it on my swatch because I laid it out on a navy blue washcloth. Now I know to use white so I can check for this.

My carpenter was supposed to deliver more sewing room cabinets on Tuesday, then called and said Wednesday. Wednesday I didn't hear anything. . . I'm guessing it will be Monday. You know, this must be why these guys go into business for themselves. They can't work for someone else -- you have to show up on time every day.

Reading
I read The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls this week. It was wonderful -- like a more modern day (1970s) version of A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. It's a memoir of a girl growing up in poverty with a manic depressive mother and alcoholic father. It's fascinating how the kids use their wits and smarts to survive and thrive in the harshest conditions. I had stayed away from it because the author appeared on Oprah, but a friend recommended it who loved it. She was right.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

oy! Hope your little one is feeling better soon! Can't wait to see your sock : )

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines