Friday, September 29, 2006

Brown Sweater

This was the sunrise behind my house yesterday. It was much more dramatic when I was walking up the driveway from taking the kids to the bus stop. By the time I ran in to get the camera the orange clouds had moved.

Here's the progress on the sweater.

I already see two areas where the pattern told you to do it a certain way and my mom, with her experience and expert judgment, did it differently on the yellow sweater. First, she did not bind off the underarm stitches. I followed the instructions and picked up new stitches from that bind off -- what a waste. Now there's a bulky line where there could have been invisible perfection. . . I'm writing it down on the pattern for next time.

Also, the instructions have you pick up for the neckband at the front and knit it back and forth, then sew it together. I decided to knit it in the round and decrease at center front, but still, there's a weird disjoin because the bindoff ends right there. I'll try sewing it and see how it looks, but right now I think I'll rip it out and start picking up at center back. . .

The pattern calls for short sleeves, but I'm looking at the yellow sweater and copying the sleeve decreases from that. I think I'll have it finished by the end of the weekend maybe.

Sewing Room

My contractor is supposed to start dropping off some cabinets today. It rained him out yesterday. Hope I'll have some progress pics to post soon.

I really want to get one of these for the new room.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

what are you feeding that sweater? Its growing like a weed ; )
Lovely sky picture btw

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines