Monday, October 09, 2006

Space Camp


It was a blast! Heh.

Really, we had a great time and I highly recommend it. We stayed in the *Habitat* which is a big concrete and steel building with *pods* that sleep 6 campers. The bathrooms had signs that said *Waste Management*, etc. -- very cute.

We made and shot some paper rockets.

We also made and launched hot air balloons made from crepe paper and liberal use of glue sticks.


We had a fantastic instructor, who you can see in the photo helping the boys with the hot air ballon. I think all the girls (especially mine!) wanted to take him home.

I have never been particularly interested in Space Stuff -- my eyes glaze over whenever I try to read an article in the paper about the space program. But it was nice to get a child-targeted overview of the program. It was at a level that even I could understand, instead of hearing blah-blah-blah. We saw two Imax movies -- one about the Mars rover and the other about the moon landings.

To make this fiber-related, I wore the brown sweater (dirty mirror, ugh!) this weekend.

I'm going to block it today. I love how it came out, it's like a soft, comfy sweatshirt.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

Sounds like TONS of fun! Love the pick of your son setting off his balloon. Your sweater looks *so* nice and comfy : )

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines