Friday, October 13, 2006

Sewing Room Update

This is the corner where the sewing machine table will be. I'll have lots of overhead storage, I'm thinking I'll put serger thread up there.

Mondo cabinets -- I'm so excited. I think this will be a double fabric cupboard.

This is the other end of the sewing table. I also had some cabinets installed under the window and they are very wide, you could sleep there. . .

*When are you going to make the seat cushions?*

Here's the sock I started.

I knit the short-row heel last night, and it went okay. Not perfect, but okay. I have some concerns, though. How are these going to fit without a gusset for the instep? I have pretty flat feet, so I think they will be okay for me, but if you had a high instep, the flap heel seems to make more sense. Also, I'm used to using a slip stitch pattern on my flap heel for extra durability. These seem pretty flimsy in all stockinette. I'm going to have to put them to the wear test and see how they hold up. Reserving judgment for now. . .

3 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Mary, you are going to have one wonderful sewing room.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

you are going to have *the* most amazing sewing room!! Wowsa, your cabnets! WoW! I'm jealous!

I don't like stockenette only heel flaps, they don't feel right! I have pretty flat feet too, so can't help you with your heel gusset question. You sock looks great, love the green!

6:31 PM  
Blogger vickibarkley said...

what color will the cabs be? How about sage green? I like green with blue.
Nice studio ya got there. Studio is my highest workspace compliment.

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines