Sunday, May 21, 2006

Tote Bag

Okay, I said I wasn't making any this year, but dd begged me. I made one for last year's teacher with some quilting cotton that had pink flamingos on it and the teacher loved it and really bragged on it to dd.

This year's teacher loves pink and lime green and her favorite flower is a gerber daisy, so this is what I came up with. The fabric is Michael Miller that I got at Hobby Lobby. The pattern is Butterick 3799 View A. HERE are some I made two years ago.

Look at the inside. Pockets with an embroidered message. A key fob. A monogram. Lots of details. It took me nine hours to make this. I am clearly crazy. The part I hate most about these is the handles, so I thought I was taking a great shortcut using the premade bamboo ones, but then I ended up making tubes to attach them, which is basically what I hate about making handles. Figures.

If you want more bag inspiration, take a look at THIS BLOG. Hers are gorgeous.

4 Comments:

Blogger Neefer said...

That bag is beautiful.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Linda L said...

Great looking bag!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog the other day! THAT TOTE BAG is fabulous. One lucky teacher!!

6:41 AM  
Blogger amandazen said...

Great tote! I love the colors.

Amanda :)

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines