Thursday, May 04, 2006

Yarn Shop Trip


This looks like a *mystery swap* package, no? Well, it's a mother's day gift I'm putting together for my mom. I bought 3 skeins of Koigu KPPM so she can make a pair of socks, she's really into purple these days.

Speaking of Mom, we are going to knitting camp the first week of June. I got my homework assignment, which involved buying yarn. Oh darn it. . . I apologize for the horrendous photo (stupid flash!), but you can see my project here:

The class is on combining your knitting with a sewn project. We are making a polarfleece jacket and knitting the sleeves, collar, etc. I had this nice Malden Mills sweaterknit polarfleece in stash. I bought Plymouth Encore yarn, so that the whole thing will be machine washable, etc. the color looks off in the photo, but it's a pretty good match, with the marled black for contrast.

And last, for the same class, we are making a vest. You are supposed to knit up a bunch of rectangles ahead of time to put together for the front with fabric on the back. Here are the ones I'm considering:

There's a lightweight navy denim on the left, a batik in the back, and turquoise heavy denim on the right. I'm afraid a batik will look a bit too crafty and homemade, so I want something that matches well. I'm not too pleased with any of them, so I'll be going fabric shopping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines