Friday, May 12, 2006

Lace Hat




Okay, I wish I had a *FO* photo, but I'm not finished with this hat yet. I really ought to take it off the needles right now and check the fit before I continue (no I didn't swatch!). I figure a hat is not much bigger than a swatch and this is a complete test hat, anyhow. I'm proud of myself for stepping out of the box a bit and designing this myself. I was inspired by reading
Knitting Rules by the Harlot. This book has some basic formulas and rules of thumb for designing your own hats, scarves, shawls, etc. I am usually a strict pattern follower, so this is a big step for me. The lace pattern comes from the
Knitting Pattern a Day Calendar, July 31.

Oh, and I really wanted to make a blue hat for my friend, so I'm figuring on a possible redo anyhow.

Other (non knitting)

I'm going to TN to visit my mom for the Mother's Day weekend. I'll try to finish the hat and maybe the Shapely Tank (which has been cast aside) and start knitting my Camp homework.

Got my hair colored, highlighted and cut yesterday. It looks great, but it saddens me to think that this has to last until August when the kids go back to school. Can I force dh to take a *family leave* day so I can go to a hair appointment???

When I picked up my 5 yo ds after having my hair cut, he told me I smelled like a potty. I think it was the hair products, yo??. . .

So pleased with myself, I finally figured out how to get a button on my blog, after many, many, failed attempts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines