Thursday, May 18, 2006

Amazing Lace Team

Here we are: me and the Charlotte's Web Shawl. . .




When I started knitting in 2002(3?) EVERYONE was making this shawl and I was too green and scared to give it a try but really wanted to make it, and I bought the pattern. My LYS in Houston never had any Koigu in stock for me to look at and I didn't want to buy it online without seeing it in person.

About a year ago, I walked into my LYS (in GA) just as a gigantic shipment of Koigu was being opened and I snatched up some beautiful blues and greens, exactly what I wanted. So, the yarn has been sitting for a year and the Amazing Lace is just the kick I need to get started.

This week and next will be Due Diligence (googling for blog entries, pattern errata, tips and tricks). Must wind yarn into balls and choose needles, etc. I'm glad it's a shawl, so I don't have to swatch. . .

5 Comments:

Blogger GamecockDoc said...

Gorgeous colors! Good luck with your Charlotte.

11:11 AM  
Blogger lobstah said...

Those Koigu colors are wonderful! I think these are going to look even prettier than the colors shown in the pattern.

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very pretty........that is going to look great!!
Dawn

12:56 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Lori said...

I haven't knit this pattern, but I did score an Excel template online that walks you through Charlotte, step by step. If you want, email me and I'll send you a copy of the file.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Arriving at a store just as a shipment of Koigu was opened? That sounds like an absolute dream. You picked fantastic colors -- the shawl will look fantastic.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines