Sunday, May 28, 2006

Swimsuit!

How do you like these lovelies? KWIK SEW has some of the most unattractive pattern illustrations. . .

Here, I am, trying to look like the girl in red (one of these days I'll learn how to crop a photo):

I really love this pattern. I updated MY OLD REVIEW at patternreview. You can go there and see me as the girl in blue.

We're going to Hilton Head to the beach in 3 weeks, so I thought I should get on it. I would love to make another suit today, but I'm not sure I have any suitable fabric and I'm out of the nice NEEDLE NOOK elastic. I need order elastic and powernet. Here are the straps, a little wonky coverhemming, but the great thing about the suit is that it stretches when worn, which can hide a lot of wonkiness. I choose to believe that. Really I do.

I did a lettuce hem on my serger, which is always fun:

And here's a view of the panty. I got some nice gathering on the back leg.

Here's the bra, after I cut off the straps and before I sewed it in. Yeah, it's a nasty one from the back of the drawer, but it will work great for these purposes.

I wore it in the pool yesterday and rinsed out the markings. (You really have to mark the skirt pieces on this one or you'll drive yourself insane.) The water is still a little cold for me, but if the 90 degree weather keeps up, it'll warm up soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Linda L said...

What a great looking swimsuit.

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines