Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Tornadoes

I've been off line for 4 days. We had some tornadoes come through our subdivision, very close to my house, but no damage here. Just a few limbs down, a bit of a mess. Many of my neighbors weren't so lucky, there are lots of blue tarps around, although no injuries or loss of life.


The power was off for only a few hours, but with the cable out, we had no regular TV or a computer connection for several days. We watched a lot of videos.


I read a lot, finished my book club reading, The Other Boleyn Girl. I don't typically read historical fiction, but this was enjoyable, if a bit long. The whole time I was reading I kept wondering how much was true and how much wasn't, and hadn't I seen a PBS special about Henry VIII, and etc. but couldn't go online to look anything up. . . My knowledge of World History is nonexistent -- I have studied the same old American History a million times in school, but never anything else -- brainwashing, I tell you.

Here's what I've been knitting:



This is 100% cotton yarn. It's a little big, but I'm hoping the rib pattern will hold it in enough and give it some stretch and recovery. I also suspect it might shrink a little bit in the dryer -- you can't really tell with cotton until you wash and dry it. I figure it's close enough to finish the pair.

I'm really at a loss in the knitting department. I want to make a cotton t shirt or tank kind of thing. I haven't been over to see the new knitty or Magknits yet, so I hope for a little inspiration from them. The regular *print* spring knitting magazines were a snoozefest this time.

My knitpicks order came yesterday, with my replacement Denise set and crochet hooks. While I was there I also picked up some Jazz sock yarn (oops, but it's so cheap and I LOVE the pair I've made from it) and Sensational Knitted Socks which looks wonderful.

Here is Batty, saying *when are you going to clean this mess?*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines