Monday, March 27, 2006

Does This Skirt Make My Butt Look Big?

Umm, yeah. . .



So I had to make this skirt from OTTOBRE WOMAN. The tier hits me at the widest point. While I was trying to whittle the thighs down this morning at Curves, I decided to redo it, making the upper tier longer and adding ruffle at the bottom. Alas, when I got home to check I discovered there's not any fabric left at all. The fabric is nice, a handkerchief weight linen with a little bit of a crumpled texture and a nice drape. This is the first project that's come along that would work with it. Maybe I'll wear it anyway, but usually the skirts just hang in the closet unworn. Why make an exception for this one?






Knitting

I rented Capote and Howl's Moving Castle while I started another pair of Broadripple socks. I actually finished one, so I'll have another pair finished by the end of the week, just in time for our spring break trip to Florida, where I hope to wear them.



General

The Girl Scout cookies are all delivered, thank you dog. . . My dining room is almost completely free of cookies except for those I need to mail to my sister and MIL (unless she visits us first, we'll see who outlasts who). Trying to catch up on reading my New Yorkers this week, and then maybe I'll start reading my IRL book club selection, The Other Boleyn Girl.

I listened to Moll Flanders while I made the skirt this weekend. Man, it made me tired just keeping track of all that lady was up to. . . Just trying to count all the husbands, lovers, kids -- it blew my mind. Makes you realize how much we women have today, not being the property of men any longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines