Friday, March 31, 2006

Spring Socks



Here are the second pair of Broadripple Socks. Again from Elann's Sock it to Me! Collection Esprit. I like these better because they have lime green, a color with which I am obsessed. I wore the first pair the other day and they were nice, maybe a little big, but I still haven't washed them to find out what's going to happen there. I expect them to shrink a bit, at least I hope they do.

So, I'm between projects and I'm considering knitting and felting some Easter Baskets or possibly knitting some bunnies. I printed off THIS BUNNY pattern today. There is also a bunny pattern in Last Minute Knitted Gifts. The problem is, we are leaving for a long driving trip tomorrow and I won't be able to hide my project from the kids. I have a bunch of Cascade 220 in my basket that I need to do something with, hmmm.

Oh, and the other thing. My LYS is having a March Madness sale today. And I have nothing planned for this morning except any last minute errands before we leave for vacation. All I have to do is take a movie back. I'm trying not to buy any more yarn, but I have NEVER made it to one of their sales, and I don't even know what I want to buy, yikes, a dangerous combo.

Oh yeah, speaking of being good, I might knit a scarf from Scarf Style out of some Lion Moonlight Mohair that's been sitting here a while. I bought this yarn because it looks exactly like Dune (forgot who makes it) which I've made quite a few scarves from. Maybe I could gift it to someone.




View from Sewing Room Window




I like this picture because you can see my cherry tree starting to bloom and the newly renovated and painted (yesterday) pool house. I have been researching how to take care of these two ancient cherry trees and managed to spray them with a fungicide this year. It is a nontoxic kind used in vineyards, called Bordeaux Mixture. So, I have grand hopes of maybe making a little jam this year. Last year all we had were little black mummified cherries, ick. . .

1 Comments:

Blogger Tini said...

The socks are soooo great and I love the picture with your cat looking out of the window....*sigh* I'd love to have a cat and I'd love to be able to knit socks like these.... I just got stitch'n bitch to get some knitting termina.... sewingwise my English is o.k. but knitting????

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines