Thursday, April 13, 2006

So Many Blue Tarps

Here are a few pictures from my neighborhood.


Most of the front windows got blown out of this first one, it appears to be uninhabitable.



I was taking these from my car and this one is from too far away, but one of the dumpsters remains on the street. I saw the truck taking another dumpster away as I pulled up.



Here's a closeup of the same house and the pile of rubbish. Last night I went to the neighborhood book club (to discuss The Other Boleyn Girl). I talked to a friend who had quite a bit of damage and was having trouble getting State Farm to send out an adjuster. She said a rep from the Insurance Commissioner's office came by and took a report and suddenly State Farm got on the ball. The Ins. Comm'r is running for reelection, hmmm. . .

Today was mostly errands -- Easter thing sneaking up on me -- and then I Spring cleaned the front porch. I'm procrastinating on the back because the yellow tree pollen is still coming down, plus we're supposed to be getting new sidewalks back there and I'd rather wait until all the work is finished. My goal is to have a pretty and usable porch this summer, right now it's pretty nasty.

Knitting

Starting the heel flap on the second cotton sock, maybe I'll get the flap done at Karate tonight.

I've been studying making T Twist from knitty, but I really want to use 100% cotton and the designer recommends against it. I did a stash sort last night and realized I have a bunch of Tahki cotton tweed in a really ugly mottled barf color. My mom started a sweater with it and did the ribbing and maybe two inches of stockinette and canned it. She gave me the whole bagful along with a bamboo circular still in the work, LOL. Hey, it was free and maybe I should try it. . . But the color is so ugly I might not wear it. We'll see.







1 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

WOW! I can't believe that pile of trees. I am glad that it didn't do worse.

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines