Monday, October 26, 2009

"Every Woman's Favorite" Cardigan



I made this up over the weekend. It's from the latest Ottobre Woman. It's not the most flattering thing I've got, but it'll be nice for walks to the bus stop and walking the dog.

The fabric is a sweater knit from Emma One Sock. Looks like it's sold out, but it's mostly wool, but very light weight.

Picking out the buttons.

Neckline closeup. The buttonholes went badly, as usual. I need to learn to make them by hand, I guess. (Or get a new sewing machine, maybe?)

Inside facing. The pattern calls for coverhemming or using a decorative serger stitch to sew down the facings. I decided to topstitch them on the sewing machine, because I felt like my accuracy would be better. I coverhemmed the hems on the bottom edge and sleeves to give them some stretch.

This makes five patterns I've used from this issue, which might be a record for me. I'll try to post a review at patternreview.com before I forget all the details.

Next up is the "Salma"Boiled Wool Coat. I need to research how to pretreat the wool. I haven't traced the pattern yet either, so it might take me a little time for this one. We're finally having some cool weather so I can wear some of these new Fall clothes.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Rose said...

That's a nice basic sweater. I'm glad you made it and reviewed it. I bought a sweater knit this past weekend, and I wasn't certain what I was going to make with it. This Ottobre pattern has been added to the possibles.

Thanks,

Rose in SV

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines