Thursday, September 17, 2009

Memento from Yellowstone



When we went to Yellowstone back in July, I didn't buy any souvenirs in the shops. The mass produced stuff is all the same and since I own an electronic embroidery machine I can put any message on any tshirt or hat any time.

I saw this hand embroidery design right after we got back from our trip, so I had to make it. The designer (who I don't know, just so you don't think I'm a shill) has an Etsy Shop where she sells art work and embroidery designs.

I used Sulky spray to adhere the paper to the dish cloth and traced it by light of the window with a water soluble quilting pen.

The finished design next to the print out. I used french knots to make it look like purple loganberries on the stems. The gift shop sold loganberry products, so I assume they grow in the area. We never saw any. (Also, I'm not sure whether they're like a blackberry or a blueberry.)

Hanging on my oven door handle. I always keep a hand embroidered towel here. It's about time I changed them out, the last were a set of Kewpie towels that I've had up since February I think!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Micki said...

Very Nice!!

1:27 PM  
Blogger marit said...

That is really pretty! I can't imagine meeting one of those on the road...oh, well, we have moose and deer on our roads, but they are different...lol!

9:39 AM  
Blogger laura said...

That's so much nicer than anything you can find in a souvenir shop and you also have the added pleasure of having made a very unique reminder of your trip. I love all your canning posts, my mother cans anything she can get her hands on!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

oooo, very very nice! What a great momento of your trip and certainly much better than anything mass marketed

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines