Monday, November 03, 2008

November



Here is the obligatory Halloween photo. Ds is Indiana Jones. I bought everything. The hat and whip came from the costume store, the jacket from Gymboree ($20), pants and shirt from Kohl's and Penneys. I figured that he might actually wear these things, so it was worth spending the money on the real items of clothing rather than a cheesy knit costume.

My neighbors have a block party every year, which is a lot of fun. We all put our candy on one table for the trick or treaters and have food and drinks for the grownups. This year it was cold, so we had a fire pit too. The local high school had a football game that night, so there weren't very many teenagers out at all. It was very quiet.

Made myself a hat, details HERE. I loved the colors in this yarn (Hacho from Peru) and cast on for a pair of socks, but it's thicker than regular sock yarn and I knew I wouldn't like the finished socks. I was in a hurry to finish the hat and now my hand hurts from knitting too much this weekend. Must rest.


She's getting a new sweater from the leftovers.

I voted early last week (3 1/2 hours standing outside in the windy cold -- see why I need a hat?), and the kids are out of school for election day, so we're going to the GA Aquarium to see the Titanic exhibit. I'm excited about it, but not looking forward to the drive. I have no idea what we're in for on that front. We rode the subway last time, which didn't work very well because there's no map or sign to tell you where you are when you exit the station. We finally found someone to give us a general direction, and then the walk was up and down a big hill, so we were tired before we ever got there. Well, I was emotionally drained by that point, the kids revived once we got there. Here's hoping the drive doesn't give me a heart attack.

2 Comments:

Blogger vickibarkley said...

Wow that aquarium trip sounds very exciting. I like the hat, too. I'm looking at patterns that I think I might be able to handle.

Wore your many-colored shawl last week. I may wear it tomorrow, also.
I get lots of compliments from it.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

fantastic costumes! great hat too
your trip sounds like it was very exciting.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines