Friday, October 24, 2008

Party Time


Tonight is a *trunk or treat* party at ds's karate school. It's a potluck and then the kids trick-or-treat out of car trunks in the parking lot. So I made cupcakes to bring.


And I decorated the back of the minivan, where I'll hand out candy. I think there's a contest for the best decoration. I'm planning to hang up the skeleton on the door handle, so he'll dangle down and out, but if that doesn't work, I can sit him up back there.


Many of my Halloween things (fog machine, etc.) require electricity, which won't work in here without an adapter. I got some battery powered lights to put into the Jack O Lantern gourds.

My car was a disaster, so this party forced me to clean it out. Wednesday night when we were driving back from a riding lesson, out in the dark in the country, we almost hit a deer crossing the road. Ds had an open box of Cheese-Its lying on the back seat and they flew everywhere, so things were looking really bad back there. . .

Another fun crockpot project, caramel apples. This was really easy to do, but allow plenty of melting time if you are using the crockpot instead of the stove. I washed and stemmed my apples, put the caramels and teeny bit of water in the pot, an hour early so it would be ready when ds came home from school.

It's much harder to decorate them than I expected, rolling didn't work well because the caramel came off in the bowl, so we ended up sprinkling them.

We were meeting some kids to play on the cul-de-sac and wanted to share them, so they were still a little gooey after 30 minutes in the fridge.


I was out letterboxing one morning this week and saw these pretty things. Anyone know what they are?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines