Thursday, October 30, 2008

Beginning of Winter


There is one lonely sunflower in my yard that the squirrels planted. I think the original seed came from the birdfeeder. There's also a sprig of wheat or straw that came up with it. Of course, it's in a weird little corner where it's invisible unless you go back there, sort of a nice surprise.


This poor little bee has been hanging on since the weekend. I think he got too cold and couldn't fly anymore, so he's just been hanging on to this basil plant. We had a freeze last night and I can't believe he's still there. Ds and I check on him every day, and he's moved from one leaf to another.

I completed my Socktoberfest Socks.

The knitalong was just what I needed to keep motivated. It's nice to make both pairs at once too. I typically make one from start to finish and then do the other. It seems faster to do both at once.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

poor lil bee! He must be quite confused and cold. Your socks look great! And I have to agree knitting both at the same time seems to make them go faster.t

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines