Thursday, October 23, 2008

Mr. Greenjeans Sweater


At last I finished this cardigan, just in time for cooler weather. I think this is the first project I've knit where I actually have no knitting mistakes. Usually something jumps out during the blocking process, but not this time.

It doesn't fit all that well. I should have sized down for the top and shoulders and up for the hips, but I went with the proper hip size and it's a little saggy on top. I'm planning to machine wash it and that should make it get wider and shorter since it's mostly cotton. More info on the project at Ravelry.

Details of shoulder. I'm finally getting better on the finishing details.

Here's a closeup of the cabling on the sleeve.

I'm very tired of large projects right now. I made 3 cardigans over the summer/fall and now I want to make socks and smaller things for a bit. I have an idea for a felted letterboxing backpack. I haven't felted anything in a long time, but I have to remember I am usually disappointed in that area, so lower my expectations if I go forward.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger marit said...

It looks very nice!
I have the opposite "problem"- I've mostly knitted smaller projects, so I would really like to knit a sweater:-)

8:55 AM  
Blogger Micki said...

Your knitting is so nice. I'm making something for Claire right now and my cables just don't look as nice. Maybe when I block it. Who knows. I need more practice I think.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines