Tuesday, September 02, 2008

February Lady Finished


I really like how this sweater came out. If you're interested in the gory details, you can read my Ravelry entry. I used Lion Brand Cotton Ease, color Hazelnut.

Yesterday I bought some buttons, it took me almost an hour at JoAnns to find three I liked that were big enough. You know how frustrating it is when the buttons are too small and keep coming out of the buttonholes.

I love the fact that this design was originally a baby sweater found in Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitter's Almanac. I was looking through it last night, it's one of those little books that you can just pick up and put down as time permits. It has patterns along with little snippets from her life, which make it quite sweet and interesting. I know there are some knit-alongs for the book, but many of the projects are for cold weather climates (September's is for handknit tights, I can't imagine ever being cold enough to need those, personally.)

This is the second EZ design I've made this summer, the last was the Baby Surprise sweater I made as a gift. I'm really enjoying making these. EZ was a genius. She designs for circular needles, so there is minimal sewing up. I love it.

I'm also realizing that this is the 4th garment I've made from Cotton Ease. Knitpicks has a new cotton/acrylic blend I want to try, guess I'll head to Ravelry to read some reviews of it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Micki said...

I really like this sweater and yours turned out so nicely! I have the directions and hope to make one for myself someday.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

your sweater came out beautifully! Great buttons too : )

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines