Thursday, September 11, 2008

So I Sewed Again

I made the collared wrap Tshirt from The Latest Ottobre Woman. Here it is in magazine.

And here's mine.

I posted a Pattern Review Here. I think my New Year's resolution 2 years ago was to publish my 100th review there, and this makes number 99. Oh so close.


Here's a closeup of the collar and neckline.

Here are the front pleats.

I like how it came out. Totally wearable and the fabric is a thin cotton knit which will be very comfy (I sweat so much it's ridiculous, y'all.)

I want to make a pair of pants from that magazine, but I don't have anything suitable on hand. I guess that means a fabric shopping trip. Yay!


I've been working on some wash cloths out of organic cotton, unbelievably soft stuff. I ordered some of the new cotton/acrylic blend yarn from knitpicks for a sweater, so I've been studying patterns on knitty for a cabled cardigan of some sort. The yarn looks so nice I just want to jump in with something.

I've been crazy busy with kids' activities lately (and their neglected schoolwork), so I hope things settle down soon. Waiting for some fall weather too, it's been humid and threatening rain but NOT RAINING. If it's going to be so damp, it should just go ahead and rain already. My tomatoes are coming to a halt, but the okra continues on.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger marit said...

What a nice-looking top! I've tried Ottobre a few times, and found that their patterns are both easy to follow, and they come in "actual" sizes! (not like Burda that has patterns only for skinny pygmees...)

3:03 PM  
Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

you sewing is amazing! Your top is beautiful you did a fantastic job!
Cute dishcloths, I bet they look great in your kitchen!

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines