Friday, March 14, 2008

Amigurumi in the Garden


These were really fun to make. The Pattern was very well written. I planned to give them to a friend(who loves garden gnomes)'s dd for her birthday, but ds wants to keep them. I don't know what I'll do.

I used Caron Simply Soft yarn and an F crochet hook. There are some parts where my gauge seems really loose (the body of the dragonfly). You can see some large bits of polyfil coming through in places, particularly where I'm decreasing. I guess this goes with the territory, but maybe I need to try to search out some more tips, or a smaller hook.

I wanted to make the ladybug and the monarch butterfly, but I didn't have the right colors of yarn. I must say the little daisy looks delightful. I think she's my favorite.

I messed up the mushroom because my top and bottom pieces had differing numbers of stitches, so I fixed that by adding another increase round to the bottom. I think this made it more cup-shaped rather than flat. Next time I'll pay more attention.

I'm making a dent in my scraps, yay!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Micki said...

love, love, love these! sigh . . .

3:12 PM  
Blogger marit said...

How cute!!! I'll have to check out that pattern...

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines