Thursday, April 17, 2008

Double-Delight Peanut Butter Cookies

Micki commented about New York:

Wow, what a fun time you had! The last time I went to NYC was last summer for a fabric buying trip with my ASG group. We were only there for the day and then came back home.

Been twice before that for fun, but again, only for the day with my dh and that was before 9/11. It's weird to see pictures of my dh and me with the towers behind us (we were at the Statue of Liberty I think) I've never been with my kids. Something to look forward to in the future, husband goes for work occasionally. My son would like it I think!


I would have loved to go into the Garment District for some fabric shopping. I would have loved to visit some NYC yarn shops. But, this was a family-oriented trip and my hobby insanity has to take a back seat. One of these days!

I think my kids are the perfect age to enjoy it (7 and 11). We last went when my youngest was 4 and the walking was really too much for him. He fell asleep on the sightseeing bus, worn out. I didn't feel like he could sit through a Broadway show at age 4, so we didn't try it, but he was great being still and watching at age 7.

Yesterday's Project:
Double-Delight Peanut Butter Cookies. This was the winning recipe in the Pillsbury Bakeoff. When I saw it, I was disappointed that it uses premade dough, but you have to remember the goal of this contest is to use Pillsbury's products in a creative and delicious way.

First you mix up peanut butter and confectioner's sugar into little balls.

The peanut/sugar balls are then wrapped in the premade cookie dough. Here's my sliced-up log.

You form the dough around the peanut/sugar balls and then roll them in a mixture of granulated sugar, cinnamon, and finely chopped dry roasted peanuts. I used a food processor to chop my peanuts.

Flatten the dough balls with a glass sprayed with non-stick spray.

The finished cookie! Let me just say. O. M. G. they are so good. . . The tiny bit of cinnamon gives them an interesting taste on top of the peanut butter. The center is gooey with the soft peanut butter. Wonderful.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines