Friday, April 04, 2008

Spring Things


I finally finished some socks! These are the Crosshatch lace socks from More Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch. Now I can feel less guilty about paying full price for this book (I saw it at Hobby Lobby and bought it on impulse). Like the first book, this is a sock formula book, where you plug in your gauge and measurements to make a custom-fit sock. You can knit them toe up, top down, short row heel, flap heel, etc.

I used Knitpicks Risata yarn in cocoa. I wore them yesterday and they fit great, but weren't quite as soft as mostly wool socks. (This yarn is a blend of cotton/wool/nylon/elastic.) I'm going to reserve judgment on them until I've washed and worn them some.


It cracks me up to see Vanna's lovely mug on these skein labels. Can anyone guess what I'm making next?

I'll close with a few nature shots (yes, I letterboxed some this week):


Wild flowers (I have no idea what they are)

Cherry blossoms in my back yard (who needs D.C.?).

View of backyard from sewing room window.

I'm going to take a week off for spring break. We are going to NYC to visit my brother for a few days. See ya!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger marit said...

What a backyard! It looks great! Love the flowers.
Great socks too!

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines