Saturday, April 12, 2008

New York

We had a really fun and busy week.


We found a letterbox in Central Park near this.


At the Natural History Museum. I doubt I could have talked them into this if it weren't for the movie *Night at the Museum.* The dinosaur fossils were amazing. We only covered about half of it, and there were way too many field-tripping school kids in some areas to really enjoy it (enormous spaces with hundreds of echoing voices).

View looking south (I think) from the Empire State Building.

The Naked Cowboy. I couldn't get dd to pose with him (three years ago when she was 8, she was willing, but at 11, it's too embarrassing). Our hotel was right on Times Square.

The piano at FAO Schwartz from the movie *Big*.

We went to see The Lion King and Legally Blonde. I'm not a big show person generally, but the kids really loved it. Thursday was warm and sunny, so we went to the zoo in Central Park.

Tuesday afternoon dh had to work, and we went out to New Jersey to my brother's house, which is being renovated. Hiked down the Passaic River and had a picnic. It was a nice getaway. . .

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger vickibarkley said...

This looks like a lot of fun. I wish we could be there with you guys.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Micki said...

Wow, what a fun time you had! The last time I went to NYC was last summer for a fabric buying trip with my ASG group. We were only there for the day and then came back home.

Been twice before that for fun, but again, only for the day with my dh and that was before 9/11. It's weird to see pictures of my dh and me with the towers behind us (we were at the Statue of Liberty I think) I've never been with my kids. Something to look forward to in the future, husband goes for work occasionally. My son would like it I think!

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines