Monday, March 03, 2008

Spring Already?


It was so warm here this weekend, around 70 degrees F, I think. I started my seedlings.

Dh bought an old Corvette this weekend (midlife crisis car? Yes, I think) and I had to drive him to a neighboring suburb to pick it up. Ds and I spent the day afterward hunting letterboxes in a bunch of parks in that part of town. It was so beautiful and sunny and most of the parks had playgrounds. It was a really nice day.




Friday I went to Hancocks and got some fabric to make the dress from the Spring Burda Plus. I never wear dresses, but I do have a wedding to go to in May, so I'm going to try it out. I hope to have enough leftover to make a top, which I need more than a dress.


Progress continues slowly on this boring sweater. (Movies I have been watching to pass the time: Becoming Jane, Jane Austen Bookclub (don't bother, ick), Darjeeling Limited (Awesome!), La Vie En Rose, 3:10 to Yuma (Man I love that gay cowboy!), Elizabeth The Golden Age. Next up is Paris, Je T'aime.) I only have a sleeve and a half to go and I'm planning a crocheted edge on the neckline and the bottom, but won't decide about the sleeves until I get closer to the end.



It was a busy weekend even though I don't have much to show for it. . .

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger marit said...

that is some lovely fabric for the dress! I should sew two for my daughters before May...

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines