Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Skirt Finished


Here it is. I even posted a Pattern Review if you want to read all the details. (I added a PR widget in my sidebar too. Seems to be working.)

Here's a side view. I didn't have to make many adjustments except for shortening it. I have what's called a tilted waist (lower in the front than the back), so I cut an inch and a half off the front waist. It has a little dip in it, just like my tummy. Also I shortened the bottom section (just above the flounce). It looked kind of weird to me at first, but I knew I would be dwarfed by this thing if I didn't shorten it substantially.

I used a scrap of batik fabric (this was ds' baby sling fabric, ah the memories) to make a facing instead of lining it. The invisible zipper went in like a charm and I even managed to match up the back yoke seam across it.

Here's the model wearing hers.

I think this is the Spring 2007 issue of Burda Plus. Burda now Archives World of Fashion, but not Plus. Anyone know if they're available anywhere?

This is my reward for finally cleaning out the sewing room. I haven't felt like making anything because the mess was overwhelming. Now I have all the fabric tubs out of sight and I'll start working on some curtains and seat cushions for the sewing room soon.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Debbie Cook said...

Love, love this skirt! I've been meaning to make it too, but you know how it goes. But it's got all the skirt elements that I like. It looks great on you. BTW, the Burda Plus archives are acessible if you go in through the German part of the site. Kindly blog commentors gave me the info when I was wishing for them too. Here's the link: http://www.burdafashion.com/de/Magazine/Archiv_Sonderhefte/1270777-1583972.html

10:46 AM  
Blogger Debbie Cook said...

Or, Clickable link instead of that line of code. ;-)

10:47 AM  
Blogger marit said...

The skirt looks great! I think the fabric goes very well with this pattern.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

This is a great skirt, Mary. I really like all the topstitching details, nice job.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Micki said...

What a nice job! The topstitching is very nice-wish I could do half as good a job and I have a cheater foot for help!

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines